Scuba dive beneath the water surface and experience a world of ocean wonders! In June we opened our new exhibit and closed the I&J Predator Exhibit for renovations. We said goodbye to our ragged-tooth sharks and released them back into the ocean.
Be among the first to dive in our new exhibit
Now a completely new dive experience awaits you. The I&J Ocean Exhibit is 6m deep, has a full tunnel and displays incredible species such as turtles, rays, guitar fish, brindle bass, spotted grunter, and sardines.
Click here to meet the I&J Ocean Exhibit creatures.
Swim with our rays, turtles & more
Scuba diving at the Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town is certainly worthy of being included on the bucket list of any experienced diver, adrenalin junkie or just someone who would like to experience the incredible feeling of being surrounded by the remarkable animals that call the underwater world their home.
Anyone interested in diving needs to have a minimum of a Discover Scuba qualification. You can attain this limited qualification either with our onsite instructor or through another dive school. If they qualify with another instructor, that instructor needs to accompany them (at no charge) on their dive together with our dive instructor.
Not qualified? Not a problem. See “get your scuba qualification” below for more information.
You're invited to dive in the Ocean Basket Kelp Forest
For a limited time only, we’re lifting the need for a PADI Advanced qualification. We are inviting divers with an Open Water qualification to experience the enchanted underwater forest of the Ocean Basket Kelp Forest Exhibit. You’ll love drifting with the kelp fronds, the red stumpnose and the galjoen, South Africa’s national fish. You might even catch a glimpse of the mysterious pyjama shark!
Due to popular demand, we are continuing the special combo rate of R1 300 (or R1 050 with your own gear) when you dive in both the Ocean Basket Kelp Forest Exhibit and the I&J Ocean Exhibit on the same day. Book and dive before 31 March to take advantage of this offer.
Note: This combo cannot be booked online; please call (+27 (0)21 418 3823) or email (email@example.com) us to enquire about this option.
Not a qualified diver?
If you're don't have an Open Water qualification or higher, you are able to do a one-day Discover Scuba course with us, however that will only allow you to do one dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit, and you won't be able to dive in the Ocean Basket Kelp Forest Exhibit. Therefore, the double-dive special offer does not apply. For the Discover Scuba experience, regular rates apply. Please call (+27 (0)21 418 3823) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) us to enquire about this option.
Please note: All divers must be qualified with a minimum Open Water 1 qualification and must present their dive card, logbook or certificate upon arrival.
Not a qualified scuba diver? Iain’s Scuba School at the Two Oceans Aquarium can help! Iain Robertson is our resident dive master. He has been operating from the Two Oceans Aquarium for over a decade.
Terms and conditions
Please make sure you have read and understand our terms and conditions before booking your dive with us.
- Bookings must be made at least one day in advance and are subject to availability.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All divers must be qualified and must present their dive card, logbook or certificate upon arrival at the Aquarium.
- In line with recognised diving practice, dives may not occur if divers are to fly less than 12 hours after the dive time.
- For safety reasons, the diver must be at least 12 years old to dive at the Two Oceans Aquarium. Divers between 12 and 15 may only dive if they are accompanied by a parent/guardian who is also a qualified diver.
- When reporting for your dive, always report to the Visitor Centre 30 minutes before your dive time, eg report at 10h30 for 11h00 dive. If you are not on time, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the entire dive booking fee.
- If you fail to produce your dive qualification (dive card or logbook) on the day of the dive, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the full amount.
- The Aquarium entrance fee for divers is included in the dive price. Adult visitors (up to five people) accompanying divers pay student rates and children pay normal rates.